Additional Membership Benefits
All Annual and Legacy Membership Levels Include:
- Opportunities to purchase Priority Seating for home events, post-season basketball tournaments, away games, and bowl games
- Tax Deduction
- Luncheons with BYU coaches and athletes
- Y-Awards Invitation
- Club travel privileges
- Discounts on exclusive BYU merchandise and commemorative memorabilia
- BYU sticker and license plate holder
Season Ticket Selection Priority
Club Members receive the opportunity to select and purchase season tickets for many sports including football, baseball, men's basketball, soccer, & men's and women's volleyball, according to their Club Membership level. Within each membership level, the order in which Club Members select their season tickets is based on Priority Points, which are calculated as follows:
- 1 point for each dollar donated to the Cougar Club
- 100 points for each year of continuous season ticket purchase for football and men’s basketball
- 500 points for each East Club seat purchased 2003-2015 (football)
- 1000 points for each Legacy Club seat ever purchased (football)
- 2000 points for each Courtside seat ever purchased (men’s basketball)
- Additional points may be provided for licensing a Loge, participating in Cougar Club/Athletic Auctions, or other activities.
Each club member is mailed a membership card, please check your card and make sure it is correct. The membership card will allow you to attend events based on your membership level. The membership card will also have your membership number on it; this number is also the number of your ticketing account. Please use this number when ordering tickets either online or directly with the Ticket Office. Using this number will ensure that you will receive your Cougar Club priority.
To see your current Priority Points click here.
Active Cougar Club members at the Bronze Membership level and higher who purchase season football or basketball tickets will be mailed a season parking pass. Parking passes in Cougar Club Lots are issued based on membership level and parking capacity.
Many Ways to Give
There is a membership level for every budget—all you need is a desire to help. Options for Athletic Gifts include:
- Cash Gifts—Checks should be made payable to BYU Cougar Club.
- Credit Cards—Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card are accepted.
- Matching Gifts—Many employers will match employees' charitable gifts to BYU. You could double or even triple your gifts to the Cougar Club with matching funds and receive the benefits associated with the amount of the total donation.
- Gifts in Kind—The Cougar Club accepts certain gifts that help alleviate overhead costs and which are beneficial to our office, the BYU Athletic Department, or our members.
- Estate Gifts and Trusts—Other forms of giving include charitable remainder trusts, real estate, securities, and estate gifts. Members who include BYU in their will or trust bless the program through their generosity.
- Direct Bank Withdrawal—The Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) system makes supporting the BYU Cougar Club as simple and convenient as possible. Through EFT, you can authorize your bank the transfer of a specified amount from your checking account or credit card to the Club on a monthly basis. This may be easier on your monthly budget, but add, up to considerable support over time
Additional Legacy Membership Information
Legacy Membership Levels
Donors who make cash or deferred gifts with a present-value of $10,000 or more qualify for the Legacy Program and receive exclusive benefits, including the best available seating at LaVell Edwards Stadium and the Marriott Center. Instead of cash gifts, some Legacy donors choose to leverage their financial planning (securities, trusts, bequests, wills, life insurance, etc.) to ensure BYU's continued athletic success. As new members of the Cougar Club join at the Legacy Level they will receive a one-time welcome gift. Currently New Legacy Members will receive a bronze cougar statue that is a miniature version of the monument in the Student Athlete Building.
Legacy Member’s cards are used just like the membership cards for all members except they also allow Legacy Members and their families to attend any home Olympic sporting event with your immediate family (donor, spouse, and unmarried children living at home).
With their permission, Legacy Members are honored on the Legacy Wall, located on the third floor of the Student Athletic Building. The wall is updated annually, which allows Legacy Donors to opt-in or opt-out as they prefer. Legacy Members who do not want to be included can opt-out by calling the Cougar Club Office.