Additional Membership Information
Many Ways to Give
There is a membership level for every budget—all you need is a desire to help. Options for Athletic Gifts include:
- Cash Gifts—Checks should be made payable to BYU Cougar Club.
- Credit Cards—Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card are accepted.
- Matching Gifts—Many employers will match employees' charitable gifts to BYU. You could double or even triple your gifts to the Cougar Club with matching funds and receive the benefits associated with the amount of the total donation.
- Gifts in Kind—The Cougar Club accepts certain gifts that help alleviate overhead costs and which are beneficial to our office, the BYU Athletic Department, or our members.
- Estate Gifts and Trusts—Other forms of giving include charitable remainder trusts, real estate, securities, and estate gifts. Members who include BYU in their will or trust bless the program through their generosity.
- Direct Bank Withdrawal—The Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) system makes supporting the BYU Cougar Club as simple and convenient as possible. Through EFT, you can authorize your bank the transfer of a specified amount from your checking account or credit card to the Club on a monthly basis.
Additional Legacy Membership Information
Legacy Membership Levels
Donors who make cash or deferred gifts with a present-value of $10,000 or more qualify for the Legacy Program and receive exclusive benefits, including the best available seating at LaVell Edwards Stadium and the Marriott Center. Instead of cash gifts, some Legacy donors choose to leverage their financial planning (securities, trusts, bequests, wills, life insurance, etc.) to ensure BYU's continued athletic success. As new members of the Cougar Club join at the Legacy Level they will receive a one-time welcome gift.
With their permission, Legacy Members are honored on the Legacy Wall, located on the third floor of the Student Athletic Building. The wall is updated annually, which allows Legacy Donors to opt-in or opt-out as they prefer. Legacy Members who do not want to be included can opt-out by calling the Cougar Club Office.